Home buyer Services
- Preapproval? Prequalification? Title insurance? Appraisal? Hazard insurance? Points? Adjustable rate mortgage (ARM)? Most first-time home buyers wonder what all this jargon means. The good news is the Center for Nonprofit Housing can help make sense of the home-buying process. We know buying a house is a huge step and, likely, is the largest purchase you’ll ever make. You want to be armed with all the knowledge possible. The skill and expertise of CNH’s housing counselors can help simplify your home-purchasing experience.
- CNH counselors are with you every step of the way, whether you’re buying your first home or next home. From your first orientation meeting to earn your Ph.D in our Home Buying 101 class and/or ongoing coaching sessions, CNH housing counselors are here to help you. We help you develop a sustainable spending plan, get your credit score to the point of being mortgage ready, develop the savings necessary for a mortgage and help you reach other financial or housing goals. All clients receive a personalized action plan at every meeting, so you are always taking the right steps towards achieving your goals.
HOME BUYING 101 (in-person)
- Interested in buying a home, but have no idea where to start? Overwhelmed by all the steps in the process? This course shows you how it’s done! Come to the free course to learn about the process from certified CNH staff and guest presenters who are industry professionals. Choose an upcoming Saturday that works for you. Each course date is 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. and are held at our offices at 6308 S. Warner Avenue, Fremont, MI. Your certificate of completion satisfies education requirement for many down-payment assistance programs. Each course is limited to 20 people, so be sure to sign-up early! The next class is August 4.
HOME BUYING 101 (ONLINE)
- An 8-hour class that teaches you everything you need to know to be successful in your search for buying a home. Classes include expert guest speakers like lenders, realtors, title agents, and inspectors to give you first-hand knowledge and expertise on these topics. Contact us to get signed up for your class.
- CNH is proud to partner with Framework Homeownership to offer the online homebuyer education course. This is perfect if you work weekends or are too busy to make an in-person session. The cost is $75. The course can be completed in the comfort of your home and at your own pace.
PrePurchase Individual Coaching
- If you don’t think you are ready to learn all the ins and outs of buying a home, we offer individual coaching. These sessions are great if you’re unsure about your credit, need help making a sustainable spending plan or are just curious about the process.
To set up an appointment or get a home buyer packet:
Contact Us >
“Home is the nicest word there is.”
– Laura Ingalls Wilder, author