- Pre-approval? Pre-qualification? Title insurance? Appraisal? Hazard Insurance? Points? ARM? Most first-time home buyers wonder what all this jargon means. The good news is that the Center for Nonprofit Housing can help make sense of the home buying process. We know that buying a house is a huge step and, likely, the largest purchase you’ll ever make. You want to be armed with all the knowledge you can possibly get. The skill and knowledge of the housing counselors at CNH can can help simplify your home-buying experience.
- CNH counselors will be with you every step of the way whether you’re buying your first home or next home. From your first orientation meeting to earn your “Ph.D” in our Home Buying 101 class, to ongoing coaching sessions, CNH housing counselors are here to help you. We’ll help you develop a sustainable spending plan, get your credit score to the point of being “mortgage ready”, develop savings that are required for a mortgage, and help you reach any other financial or housing goals you have. All clients receive a personalized action plan at every meeting, so you are always taking the right steps towards achieving your goal.
HOME BUYING 101 (in-person)
- Interested in buying a home, but have no idea where to start? Overwhelmed by all the steps in the process? This is the course to show you how it’s done! Come to this free and fun course to learn about the entire process from certified CNH staff and guest presenters who are industry professionals. Choose an upcoming Saturday that works for you! Each course date is 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. and are held at our office at 6308 S. Warner Avenue, Fremont, MI. Your certificate of completion satisfies the education requirement for many down payment assistance programs. Each course is limited to 20 people, so be sure to sign-up early!
HOME BUYING 101 (ONLINE)
- An 8-hour class that teaches you everything you need to know to be successful in your search for buying a home. Classes include expert guest speakers like lenders, realtors, title agents, and inspectors to give you first-hand knowledge and expertise on these topics. Contact us to get signed up for your class.
- There is also a NEW Online Option! CNH is proud to partner with Framework Homeownership to offer an online homebuyer education course. This is perfect if you work on weekends or are just too busy to make it to an in-person session. The cost is $75, but the course can be completed in the comfort of your home and at your own pace.
Pre-Purchase Individual Coaching
- If you don’t think you are ready to learn all the ins and outs of buying a home, we offer individual coaching. These sessions are great if you’re unsure about your credit, need help making a sustainable spending plan, or are just curious about the process.
To setup an appointment or get a homebuyer packet:
Contact Us >
“Part of Michigan’s comeback, in addition to more jobs and an improving economy, is that of homeownership.” – Sen. Wayne Schmidt, R-Traverse City.